Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I would like to run my TNC and ICOM IC-737 transceiver ...

Q Arnie, N1SZS, asks, “I would like to run my TNC and ICOM IC-737 transceiver simultaneously utilizing software that controls both devices. How do I configure my computer’s two serial ports using Windows 98?”

A From the Windows START button, select Settings, then Control Panel, then double-click on System. Select the Device Manager tab, then click (once) on the “+” next to the Port item. You should see lines for both COM1 and COM2. Click on COM2, then click the Properties button. Next, click the Resources tab. If you need to change the settings shown, you will have to click on the “Use automatic settings” box to clear the check mark. Next, select the “Interrupt Request” line or “Input/ Output Range” line and click the “Change Settings” button to change the setting to whatever you need it to be.

From QST August 2000